Hello! If you love super feminine home decor and/or are wanting some serious room inspiration, you’ve come to the right place. Buckle your seatbelts because there is some major room inspo (roomspo?) coming your way — I just transformed my room into a blush pink bedroom and documented the whole thing.
I just traveled to my hometown in Ohio to host a bridal shower for my BFF. When I stepped into my childhood bedroom I was like, whoa.
The walls were a caramel latte color and then there was a dark mocha accent wall. I still had all my Breyer horses on the shelves and there were boxes (still unpacked from college) everywhere. I was living at home when I was wedding planning but was SO BUSY getting everything ready I didn’t have any time to redo my room.
I knew it needed a change and I knew exactly how I wanted to change it. These days I’m into really feminine, light, and romantic pieces. Not going to lie, I’ve also been pinning a lot of blush decor on Pinterest. So I decided to change the dark walls into a light blush pink! At first I was a little shocked by the color (hello, pepto bismal room) but it really isn’t too dramatic. The paint is matte so it doesn’t look as childish.
Are you ready? Here is the before (kinda embarrassing).
And here is the after.
I rearranged the room so the bed was at an angle. A big purchase was a new bed frame and headboard. Since the bed was at an angle (and a focal point) this was a must-have investment. This whole project cost around $400. Keep on scrolling for major money savers…but in the meantime let’s see a few more before & after pictures.
Major Money Savers:
- I got rid of a ton of stuff. Clutter is the enemy of chic living so just get rid of it!! 4 boxes went to the goodwill and 3 bags went to the trash. For some reason I still had so many papers/trinkets/momentos from college and they just needed to go!
- I painted my shelves, dresser, and night table a crisp white. The shelves were a pain to paint but so worth it.
- Instead of purchasing a new light fixture for my ceiling light, I took an old chandelier and spray painted it matte white. This is one of my fav pieces of the new room!
- The duvet cover and pillow shams were both on clearance. It still needs a few more shams…but they’re just so dang expensive.
- I bought high quality paint because we were covering dark colored walls. However the paint was 10% off!
- This new room needed some dramatic wall art with gorgeous frames. I had my mom dig out old family portraits and used those! They’re of my great-grandmothers and already had stunning gold frames.
Costs: Definitely estimates here and not exact prices.
- Paint $80 (10% off). My fam already had white paint and spray paint.
- Bed frame and headboard $200 (at a value furniture store)
- King size duvet & sham pillows $100 (all on double clearance)
If you’re wanting to make your room a little more fab but are worried about the costs, just do it. Decluttering is free and paint does not have to be too pricey. If you’re about to do a home project, I would love to hear about it in the comments!
I’ve rounded some blush-inspired home decor pieces below that I thought y’all would like — just click on the pic to be taken to the retailers website.