Hello everyone! I’m excited to share with you some of my favorite summer beauty buys. Alas, school is out (for me at least) and the humid and hot days of summer are making their arrival. My summers have always been very eclectic. Sometimes they are filled with days at the lake, and other times they have been spent in air-conditioned rooms, studying ferociously or working on a project. Whatever the experience, there is one consistency that has never changed: my beauty routine needs to be fast, minimal, and able to withstand long days of humid and hot weather.
Hailing from Ohio, I am no stranger to the sticky air that has the ability to hang over one’s self like a heavy blanket. I am about to move to Washington, DC (in two short weeks!) for a summer internship so it does not appear I will be leaving this type of summer climate any time soon.
Summer calls for light fabrics and light colors-why shouldn’t your makeup routine be light and breezy as well? I’ve compiled my absolute favorite summertime makeup go-tos. The below items are lightweight and more importantly, take only seconds to apply.
MY SUMMER BEAUTY FAVS
1. During the summer I like to opt for a tinted moisturizer instead of a traditional foundation. THIS ONE is major (also, loving the SPF).
2. I live for the summer glow, but sometimes a powder highlighter can be just too shiny during the summer. Benefit’s Watts Up is a really great cream highlighter that looks good even on bare skin.
3. Okay so continuing with the theme here, I’m not that into powder eye shadow in the summer as much as I am in the winter. For quick + easy eye color I love Clinique’s Chubby Stick Shadow Tint for Eyes. This creamy color takes seconds to apply, afterwards use your finger to blend at the crease. My favorite colors are Whopping Willow and Lavish Lilac.
4. The Tarte Gifted™ Amazonian Clay Smart Mascara is a great summer mascara. This is the only mascara I’ve worn where my lashes felt healthier afterwards (something with the clean ingredients). On top of that, the color and volume lasted all day without flaking and no under eye brushoff. This mascara is light enough to wear everyday in the summer, but will also hold its own if you go out at night (just apply another coat or two).
5. When it’s hot I shy away from heavily pigmented traditional lipsticks. My favorite for the past two summers has been Clinique’s Chubby Stick Intense Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm. You don’t need a liner or even a mirror to apply this lip color.
I hope y’all have gotten some summer beauty inspo from this post! Have a wonderful week and thanks for checking out my blog. Xx, K