Hello & happy friday!!
Overalls used to be the uniform of farmers but in 2016 it’s a spring and summer wardrobe staple.
We’ve all seen celebrities running around in them but usually they have a tapered leg and are rather form fitting. Instead of spending a bunch of $$ on a brand new pair, I’m excited to share with you all one of my fav styling hacks!!
Overalls have such a playful nature about them. A couple years ago I was trying to find a pair in stores but none of them were long enough for me (#tallgirlprobs).
So I went to the thrift store and grabbed a baggy pair and cut them! Yes I cut them and they look super cute and are pretty much amazing. If you want to try this look yourself (you know you want to) then follow these tips:
- Whenever you’re cutting up jeans of any sort, make sure it’s a pair you don’t have sentimental attachment to. The same goes for cutting up overalls.
- Try the overalls on and mark where you’d like them to be cut. It’s important you get a feel for where the cut will be with you wearing them, as opposed to them hanging in your closet.
- Overalls have the potential to look a little kiddish. To make sure your look is polished and not juvenile, style your hair in a bun or in a sleek pony! Pigtails or double braids are probably a no-go.
- Skip on the statement jewelry. Your overalls already have a lot going on (tons of pockets, hardware, random loops to hold tools), there’s no need to add a ton of busyness with a big necklace. Studded earrings and delicate rings should look great tho.
- Wear playful and and practical footwear. One of the best things about overalls is they allow freedom of movement! IMO, any type of heel with this look runs the risk of looking like a sexy redneck calendar shoot gone wrong.
So will you all be trying this look anytime soon? 😉 Have a wonderful weekend & thanks for reading!
You can see more outfit blog posts HERE.